Sunday, November 17, 2013

Who Wants to Be a Millionare? English quiz

This is an example of a revision quiz themed as the once popular TV show Who Wants to Be a Millionare? Here is the link to the quiz. The Flash site uses authentic sounds and graphics and can be used to create your own customized quizzes. We used it in our teaching group as a revision before handing the students the actual exam. According to their feedback, they enjoyed the experience very much :-)



  1. Jimmy (age 10): I (go) to school every day. (am going, went, go, am go)
  2. (There is) a dog in the picture. (there are, there is, is, is there)
  3. I play tennis twice a week. I (often) play tennis. (always, often, never, seldom)
  4. Barbara (reads) a lot of books. (is reading, read, reads, reading)
  5. John doesn’t like (dancing). (dance, to dancing, danced, dancing)
  6. I (be, never) to France. (never was, was never, never have been, have never been)
  7. (Have) you ever tried bungee jumping? (Did, have, do, has)
  8. The women in the picture (are shopping). (is shopping, shop, shopping, are shopping)
  9. Michael (bought) a nice pair of shoes yesterday. (buyed, bought, has bought, has buyed)
  10. (Did) you go to the cinema last week? (have, has, did, do)
  11. I can’t help you in the kitchen. I (am watching) TV at the moment. (watch, am watching, am watch, watching)
  12. I have never done yoga before. I (would like to) try it one day. (want, am wanting to, would like, would like to)
  13. The Earth (goes) around the Sun. (is going, went, would like to go, goes)
  14. I only bake cookies at Christmas and Easter. I (occasionally) bake cookies. (often,frequently, occasionally, never)
  15. Are you now ready to take the test? (Yes I am, Yes I do, Yes I will, Yes I have been)

Afterwards, we awarded students with a coupon allowing them to take the mid-term exam :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment